The child is grown, the dream is gone..

Friday, August 29, 2014

Heroin Overdose.



The cold metal pricks through the layers of my flesh,
It happens again as the lightning strikes with a flash!
A rush of heroin through my veins injected from the drip,
Falling through the empty spaces: another magnificent trip.


I hear what I want to and shut what I can close, 
The TV is blaring about death from a drug overdose. 
Highways sway in and out of my dizzy sight,
I see those tall, black hooded figures mourning in my plight.


The abandoned mountains are raging furiously with a red flame,
A country lies destroyed, is sanity to be blamed?
They call me demented for the things that I can see,
Yet more than most of them, saner I'll always be. 


My sentinels are falling like tears from a star,
And the doors of my mind are pushed a little more ajar.
Images are shifting in a jiffy like a kaleidoscope,
Diminishing slowly at the mighty ocean of dope!


And it happens again, oh what a lovely lovely rush!
The grass looks greener and the royalty seems plush!
I crave for another pinprick as the drug endures to gush,
And with every passing trip, the hunger grows for eternal lust.


Lying motionless and slowly letting it all slip underneath,
I peek through the layers of my brain to see what lies beneath.
Psychotic thoughts have started to stir inside,
Leaving a frozen grin on my face and ebbing the final tide.
The ice below my feet is thin and cracking fast,
And with the cursed time, I wonder, will any storm forever last?





2 comments:

  1. I feel something is missing. The words are not making the impact you wanted. I couldn't feel the rush. But I did notice you changed your blog name. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Roohani, and I hope it gets better and less disappointing next time.
      And yes, I made the blog title more relevant. :)

      Delete